We are a global source for trusted news, photographs, videos on politics, economy, sports, health, technology and more. We operate in 100 countries and 13 languages.
The history of Anadolu (AA) is almost identical to that of the Republic of Türkiye. Having been founded on the 6th of April, 1920, 17 days before the Turkish Grand National Assembly convened for the first time; Anadolu helped announce the first legislation by the Assembly that established the Republic. Anadolu witnessed all stages of the National Struggle, the War of Liberation and reforms of the Republic.
Anadolu is looking for a Copy Editor to join our Global News Directorate at our headquarters in Istanbul.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of being able to meet deadlines on given tasks while maintaining cohesive editorial perspective and quality.
The candidate must be familiar with the demands of desk reporting and have a clear grasp of how to utilize multiple sources to produce quality news stories.
Excellent English writing skills are a must for this position.
All candidates are expected to have their fingers on the pulse of world news.
• Editing news stories – routine and feature pieces – in English
• Responsible for story structure, grammar, language edits; context, background, additional information, sourcing; headlines and highlights
• Editing multimedia content – infographics, video scripts, and etc. – in English
• Following Anadolu editorial guidelines and working with reporters to implement style rules
• Fact-checking, verification, proofreading, and final checks of all content
• Coordinating with local and international reporters
• Supporting all aspects of the news production process of Anadolu's Global News Directorate
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism and related fields
• Preferably 3 years of experience in an editorial position in news media or related fields
• Excellent ability in evaluating and editing stories written by reporters
• Ability to collaborate and work with reporters to produce the best possible news content
• Ability to work on a deadline in a fast-paced environment
• Native-level English writing skills and sound editorial judgement on international issues