We are a global source for trusted news, photographs, videos on politics, economy, sports, health, technology and more. We operate in 100 countries and 13 languages.
The history of Anadolu (AA) is almost identical to that of the Republic of Türkiye. Having been founded on the 6th of April, 1920, 17 days before the Turkish Grand National Assembly convened for the first time; Anadolu helped announce the first legislation by the Assembly that established the Republic. Anadolu witnessed all stages of the National Struggle, the War of Liberation and reforms of the Republic.
Anadolu is looking for a Correspondent to join our Global News Directorate at our headquarters in Istanbul.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of being able to meet deadlines on given tasks while maintaining cohesive editorial perspective and quality.
The candidate must be familiar with the demands of desk reporting and have a clear grasp of how to utilize multiple sources to produce quality news stories.
Excellent English writing skills are a must for this position.
All candidates are expected to have their fingers on the pulse of world news.
• Writing news stories – routine and feature pieces – in English
• Producing multimedia content in English
• Monitoring domestic and global developments
• Fact-checking and verification of news
• Generating, pitching, and executing story ideas
• Supporting all aspects of the news production process of Anadolu's Global News Directorate
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism and related fields
• Preferably having 3 years of experience in journalism, news media, or related fields
• Ability to produce clean and comprehensive written material in English
• Ability to work on a deadline in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent English writing skills and editorial judgement